Are Your Company’s Credentials for
Sale on the Dark Web?
Digital credentials, such as usernames and passwords, connect you and your employees to critical business applications, as well as online services. Unfortunately, criminals know this —and that’s why digital credentials are among the most valuable assets found on the Dark Web.
A Dark and Dangerous Place
The Dark Web is made up of digital communities that sit on top of the Internet, and while there are legitimate purposes to the Dark Web, it is estimated that over 50% of all sites on the Dark Web are used for criminal activities, including the disclosure and sale of digital credentials. Far too often, companies that have had their credentials compromised and sold on the Dark Web don’t know it until they have been informed by law enforcement — but by then, it’s too late.
How Does This Happen?
When your employees use their work email on third party websites, like the types listed below, it makes your business vulnerable to a breach. With our Dark Web Monitoring, we can detect if your company is at risk due to exposed credentials on those websites.
- HR & Payroll
- Email Services
- Travel Sites
- Social Media
What You Can Do to Protect Your Business?
By utilizing Dark Web ID™, a combination of human and sophisticated Dark Web intelligence with search capabilities, you are able to identify, analyze and proactively monitor for your organization’s compromised or stolen employee and customer data.
either stolen and/or
of SMBs will go out of
business within 6 months
of a cyber incident
of cyber attack
sare on SMBs
We Go Into the Dark Web to
Keep You Out of It.
Attacks on networks may be inevitable, but proactive monitoring of stolen and compromised data allows you to respond to a threat immediately to prevent a major breach.
- Hidden chat rooms
- Private websites
- Peer-to-peer networks
- IRC (internet relay chat) channels
- Social media platforms
- Black market sites
- 640,000+ botnets
With 80,000+ compromised emails daily, the platform provides extensive reporting capabilities to track and triage incidents.
Dark Web ID allows us to see industry patterns long before they become trends, and offers the intelligence to keep you and your employees more protected.
How Dark Web ID Protects Your Business
- Connects to multiple Dark Web services including Tor, I2P and Freenet, to search for compromised credentials, without requiring you to connect to these high-risk services directly.
- Provides intelligent awareness of compromised credentials before breaches occur.
Why It’s Important
- Compromised credentials are used to conduct further criminal activity.
- Employees often use the same password for multiple services, such as network login, social media, and SaaS business applications, exponentially increasing the potential damage from a single compromised credential.
- Limited visibility when credentials are stolen; over 75% of compromised credentials are reported to the victim’s organization by a third party, such as law enforcement.